Skype for web for pc has been one of the most prominent VoIP service and app for the past decade, reaching its pinnacle of more than half a billion users. It allows video communications between computers, mobile devices, tablets, smart watches and Xbox one console with many of its services for free. With a number of quality features it is one of the most used video chat platform. Launched in 2003, Skype web quickly became the number one video chat application with nearly a billion users. With its conference calling feature and much more it became one of the most popular platform for making video as well as audio calls. Skype is available both for mobile devices and for computers and Skype services to other Skype users are free of charge.
Skype For Web Application Features:
Skype has some amazing and cool features that makes it one of the most downloaded applications.
- Find your friends within a snap:
With more than 250 million people using the Skype application, you can easily bump into your friends and family. Connecting with your loved ones takes just about an instant.
- Instant messaging: with Skype’s instant messaging features do the talking with your fingers? Connecting with your friends is at your fingertips.
- Skype calling:
Talk as much as you want and as long as you want. Voice calling and video calling on Skype is totally free for any user on Skype.
- Lower costs for landline and mobile phones too:
You can also keep in touch with your friends who are not Skype with very low cost calls to mobile phones and landlines.
- Video messaging:
Record all your favorite moments and share them anytime with your friends with the free and unlimited video messaging on Skype.
- Chat anywhere:
Skype application runs on a number of platforms including computers, smartphones, macs and much more. Whatever device you choose, Skype application is always at your fingertips.
Use Skype on PC- Get started in Seconds:
Before you download Skype on your computer you need the following requirements:
- PC running on operating systems such as Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- A running internet connection. Broadband will be the best choice.
- Speakers and microphones either built in or you can also buy headsets and microphones as per your choice
- A webcam are a key need for Skype video calls. So if you don’t already have an inbuilt webcam on your computer you can buy one.
To download Skype on your computer follow this guide step by step
- Go to Skype’s official home page www.skype.com
- Tap on Download Skype on this page.
- A sign in page will appear for you to sign in. you can sign if you are already registered. If you are not previously registered on Skype you have to fill in your information to create a Skype account.
Also you can skip the registration process if you sign using your Microsoft account.
- Once you fill the account information click on I agree- continue.
- Next you be headed to a download page. There click on Download Skype for windows.
- Another dialogue box will pop up asking you to either run or save to your computer. Click on run.
- On the next window click I agree- Next.
- On the next window tick on Install Skype click to call. Then click Continue.
- After the progress bar fills up Skype will automatically get installed in your computer.
- Skype will open now and you’re ready to start making calls to your Skype contacts.